Join My Team with Stampin' Up!

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Letter Full of Hearts


I want to thank Gretchen Barron for the inspiration for this card.  I think it is such a different look for a Valentine card.  Plus, I love the look of black with the other bright colors...it's kinda non-traditional.  Although Gretchen didn't have the scallop envelope (Sizzix die) on her card, I thought it would be so cute to let the hearts look like they were escaping to find their true love.  Ahhhhhh, such a romantic.  Anyone have a spare Cupid laying around?  I think I could definitely use one. The Sentiment is from Word Play stamp set. I used the Square Lattice Embossing Folder to inlay the hearts and envelope into the background black CS.  This was an good way to use up a lot of scraps.  If you's like to order the supplies for this card, just email me. I love to help you with your order.

3 comments:

  1. Simply adorable Love that technique. You did good

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic! Love the black with the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a GREAT use of that little scallop envelope, I always forget I have that but will be pulling it out soon! :) Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete