Join My Team with Stampin' Up!

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Fifth Ave Floral Bouquet

What a g-o-r-g-e-o-u-s bouquet! Wouldn't this make a beautiful wedding invitation/announcement or bridal shower invitation?  These roses are what I call the MacIver Rose technique.  You can check out Sandi MacIver's blog for additional information on how to make these roses, she has a tutorial. They are very easy and so much fun.  I started with a 12 x 5.5" piece of paper.  I scored it at 4" and 8.25 leaving folded panels of 4" and 3/75".  I placed 3 roses on the front 4" panel and 2 roses are the panel that lies underneath., creating the look of a bouquet.  I've had this design in my mind for a while, so I'm glad to be sharing it woth you. I used the Fifth Ave Floral rose and embossed it with white embossing powder.  The roses are colored with So Saffron, Pink Pirouette, Peach Parfait and Cajun Craze re-inkers. Using the Big Shot, I embossed the base card with the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder.

3 comments:

  1. Oh--I love it. Fifth Avenue is one my favs anyway so I will have to try this. The colors and everything just WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, beautiful card and you did an amazing job on the flowers. You are right, it would make a great wedding card

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sherry! How Beautiful. You did a wonderful job on this card. The colors!!! I keep forgetting I have this set. I'm going to have to dust if off and use it again. Thank you for the inspiration. WOW! Just a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete