Join My Team with Stampin' Up!

Monday, February 7, 2011

Hand Stamped Sentiments Challenge Blog #54


Our challenge this week is to use ribbon and lace on a card.  As you can tell I'm still stuck in Valentine mode. I just love Valentine cards....they seem so romantic to me.  Anyway this one was very simple.  I used Glossy White CS, ran the embossing buddy over it to remove the static, then stamped the Bella Toile Background Stamp in VersaMark, sprinkled on Black Embossing powder and heat set with the heat tool and presto-chango.....a G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S piece of paper to create a beautiful card on.  The rest was simple...I stamped the Be My Valentine a la carte stamp (Occasions Mini) in Versa Mark and like the background stamp used black embossing powder on the image.  Then I colored the area left white by the stamp with my Real Red Stampin' Write Marker and then cut the image out.  I glued it to a scrap of Red Glimmer Paper and cut around the heart/banner shape leaving a nice margin so the glimmer paper would show.  Before I glued all to the card base, I wrapped the art piece with a piece of lace from my sewing stash and before tying it in a knot, I tucked in some of my my favorite ribbons, 1 1/4" striped Grosgrain Ribbon (black); 5/8" Black Satin Ribbon;  and 1/8" Black Taffeta Ribbon, then finished tying the knot.  This created another focal piece on the card, a beautiful array of ribbon (scraps).  I just love using my scraps.  I have a large jar full of ribbon scraps and one for strips of paper also.  Ya never know when you might need just a little piece of something.

I hope you will join us in the Hand Stamped Sentiments Challenge this week. And remember, if you need any of the the supplies I used to create this card, please email me and let me know. And don't forget the awesomeness of Sale-a-Bration (free product from the Sale-a-Bration Catalog for every $50 you spend) and the great offering that Stampin' Up! has on becoming a Demonstrator.  The new Demonstrator kit is over $360.00 worth of products for $148.75 and you can even customize your kit. Please let me know if you have any questions about my card, Sale-a-Bration or becoming a demonstrator.  I'd love for you to join my team.  All materials (except the black lace) are by Stampin' Up!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Sherry, This is another beautiful card!!!!
    I like your work so much so I would like to award you the Stylish Blogger Award. I have been visiting your blog for awhile now and get inspired by what you create! Please drop by my blog and pick up your award!
    CONGRATULATIONS! You have earned it.

    www.mylittlepatchofdirt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have made one beautiful and elegant card, wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card! I love how you used the glimmer paper as a frame, great idea. And the embossing really make these two images stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! another stunning and elegant card. I never know what you're going to create next but one thing for sure -- it will be awesome. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that balck and white background image... I totally DIG your card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the embossed Bella Toile background. So rich... and the red glitter paper is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love the Bella Toile background with the ribbon and lace...it just works perfectly together! Beautiful sparkle and embossing, too. That ribbon treatment juct ROCKS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is soo fancy and Fab! What a great Valentine's card!! Love the black lace and striped ribbon combo, too!

    ReplyDelete