Join My Team with Stampin' Up!

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Glimmering Santa

I've seen many versions of this card for the last couple of years.  I think it is just adorable.  The version I liked the best was by Cindy Lawrence (I'm not sure what her blog address is). As is usual with me, I didn't have some of the things Cindy used in her card, and of course I wanted to put my own spin on  my card and you must know that means I gotta add GLITTER!!! And yes, I had to use SU's new Red Glimmer Paper (available Jan 4th) for Santa's hat.  Oh powers that be....Please, please, please make many, many colors of Glimmer Paper. OK on to this card...I didn't have a swirly embossing folder like Cindy used on her card, so I decided to use the Petals-a-Plenty embossing folder.  I added clear chunky glitter to the flower centers, to add just a touch of sparkle to the trim on the hat and beard.. I made the moustache from the 2-step bird punch, and used the leaves from that same punch to add the greenery. I hope you enjoy my version, please leave a comment if you do.

2 comments:

  1. That is so cute!! I think I could even make that! (May have to try today.) TFS

    ReplyDelete