Join My Team with Stampin' Up!

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas Lights

Oh this card was so much fun to make.  But I have a couple of confessions to make...my inspiration came from Jackie Topa (thanks Jackie)...and I used DSP from last year (I know, I'm a bad girl...but who could not use up every scrap of this gorgeous flocked paper).  OK now that I've confessed, I feel much better and very glittery.  I just know one day I am going to have to have the plumber come out to unstop my shower....I can hear the conversation now 'what is this stuff, why is it so shiny and why is it getting all over me".  And I'll just laugh and assure him that I have no idea (wink, wink) what it is!

Are you surprised that I used glitter again?  You are if you've never seen my blog before.  I started out with SU's new Red Glimmer Paper (Occasions Mini Jan 4th) then got out a variety of glitters (p.196 IBC) that SU makes and punched out light bulbs with the new SU Build-a-Blossom punch (Occasions Mini Jan 4th). Isn't it great that Jackie figured that out?  I used the end of the Modern Label punch #119849 for the top of the light bulb (I ran the black CS thru the crimper first before punching).  For the light cord, I free hand cut a curvy strip of black CS and double punched the small and large ovals to create the kinks in the cord.  The background icicles were created with Tombow Multi glue and clear chunky glitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment