Join My Team with Stampin' Up!

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Hand Stamped Sentiments - Graduation Challenge #64


There is a fun challenge over at the Hand Stamped Sentiments Challenge Blog this week.  The challenge is to make something with a Graduation Theme.  I had no idea where I was going when I started this card except for the fact that I wanted to use the word 'Congratulations' from Occasional Quotes and 'Go in the Direction of your Dreams' from Word Play (both from current IB&C). The rest of the card just morphed by itself. At one point I thought the front of the card looked like Hugh Heffner's smoking jacket...yuko...erase that vision!  Then I added the graduation cap that pulls out of the top of the card....so I think it turned out kinda cute. I hope you'll join me in the challenge this week and remember...if you need any of the supplies I used, please email me at sherrysinknstamps@yahoo.com.

7 comments:

  1. Sherry I love the layout and colors. Such a regal card and the tassle color is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny...you thought of Hugh Hefner. LOL!! I love the idea that the cap is so subtly represented. What a perfect saying, too!! Thank you for inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Job Sherry!! I love your card. I love the quote -- hmmmmm.....guess that's another stamp set on my Wish List.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the sentiment that you used, I have to get that set! I love the colors and the "smoking jaket" inspiration that came to mind for me, yes VERY hugh like :) What a great card!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! Love the colors and folds.

    Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sherry, I love your card and the sentiment is great for a graduation. What fold did you use? It looks like a tri-fold, but I am trying to figure out dimensions & how the flap comes over the front (Where the cap is). Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. The card base is 12 x 5 1/2 Score at 3 7/8 from each end...that leaves 4 1/4 in the middle. Then fold back the top corner of each side piece and trim it to be even with the fold of the card.

    ReplyDelete