Join My Team with Stampin' Up!

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Hand Stamped Sentiments Mother's Day Challenge

I just love how this card came out.  SHHHHHHH! Don't tell my Mom, it's for her.  It's a surprise!  I hope she's not peeking!  The inspiration for this card came from Judy Marshall.  Thanks Judy, your work is awesome.  As you can see I used lots of Old Olive and Certainly Celery for my greens.  For the flowers (made with the butterfly punch)  I used Melon Mambo, Pretty in Pink and Pink Pirouette. The Sentiment is from the new stamp setxxxxx. It is framed with a stamp from the Four Frames set.  Isn't it beautiful....one of my favorites!  It was colored with Stampin' Write Markers and sponged lightly around the edge with Melon Mambo. The background was stamped with the flourish from the Elements of Style stamp set onto Shimmer paper.  Although you can't see the shimmer in this picture....in real life....it's stunning.  The Shimmer paper gave the background just the touch it needed to make this a very special card.  I hope everyone will take time to visit Hand Stamped Sentiments this week and join us in the Mother's day Challenge.

4 comments:

  1. OH My Sherry!!! Your lovely card is OUTSTANDING -- simply gorgeous!! I love flowers -- how did you create them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherry, this is absolutely gorgeous! Your mom is going to LOVE it. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your flowers are fantastic. I am going to see if I can find a description as to how to make these. They remind me of sweet peas.

    Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sherry, this is gorgeous! I love all of the beautiful detailing and those flowers almost look real! Your mom is going to love this one, for sure! Beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete